qtD

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Aug 12 12:08:12 PDT 2013

On Monday, 12 August 2013 at 15:28:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> https://code.google.com/p/qtd/ (which has a Subversion
> repository)
> clearly points to http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd – which I
> guess has a checkoutable (Subversion) repository.

It's a Mercurial repository. QtD moved to BitBucket because of
DSource stability problems impairing development. I suggested
Eldar to nuke the DSource one to avoid confusion – i.e. either
disable it, or replace it with a singe "repo has moved" text file
in the root directory, or something like that –, but somehow this
never happened (I don't recall whether there was actually
disagreement about this or if we just never got around to do the
change).

>But then there is https://bitbucket.org/qtd/repo

As far as I am aware, this is the "current" repository, i.e. the
last that Eldar, Max, Alexey and I actually committed to.
However, I don't think any of us are actually working on QtD
right now, and even simple patches/pull requests take inexcusably
long to merge.

> and https://github.com/qtd-developers/qtd

This seems to be an attempt to revive QtD, possibly by Michael
Crompton, who contributed a few patches on BitBucket before. The
URL is unnecessarily long, though – I just reserve
github.com/qtd, if somebody wants admin rights for the
organization, just drop me a line.

> Before any activity gets going on QtD might it be an idea to
> decide with
> which VCS and support tools?

Yep. I can't speak for Eldar and Max, who are really the ones who
"own" QtD (I only contributed a few smaller fixes), but I'd say,
if somebody wants to genuinely pick up QtD development, they
should go ahead and choose whatever they feel most comfortable
with. Git/GitHub certainly would be a good fit for the D
ecosystem.

> Perhaps more should be done on
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd to
> make it clear where action is to happen?

I just tried to; the person behind the GitHub repository
(Michael?) is welcome to amend that page. Note that the actual
installation guides linked from that page all referred to the
proper repository before as well.

David