std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 12 12:55:00 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-12 15:27, Dicebot wrote:

> Jacob, it is probably worth creating a pull request with latest rebased
> version of your proposal to simplify getting a quick overview of
> changes.

I don't think a pull request should be made before a module has gone
through the review queue and is approved. With Github it's easy to diff
between a fork and upstream:
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/phobos/compare/serialization

> Also please tell if there is anything you want/need to implement before merging.

* I have to double check that I haven't added any improvements to Orange
not present in std.serialization. But that would only be bug fixes and
no public API change so that shouldn't hold the review.

* I forgot to add that the unit tests are, a bit controversial, located
in std.serialization.tests

--
/Jacob Carlborg