Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Paul Z. Barsan paulmegabyte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:10:23 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 13:32:04 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
> I'd bet on QtD.

    QtD provides language bindings just like GtkD or wxD. Qt as a
framework is a mammoth. It provides support for networking,
threads and even has wrappers for basic types such as QString.
Phobos already provides support for this sort of things.

    Besides that, there are widget toolkits written in all major
programming languages: GTK+ in C, Qt in C++, Swing in Java and so
on. Another gui toolkit will bring more users to D itself.

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 13:51:40 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> http://pages.github.com/ perhaps?

I didn't know of this github feature. I only used sourceforge and
bitbucket before. Another option was dsource but it seems to me
like a sinking boat and its user are moving their projects to
github. Thanks for the tip !