D-thrift package detects regressions since 2.061, where is the regression suite located?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Aug 13 11:04:23 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 19:49:51 glycerine wrote:
> Grrr...
>
> Apparently nobody has been testing the D - Apache Thrift bindings
> since 2.061, and dmd has since accumulated multiple regressions
> that affect the correctness of the Thrift implementation. I
> emailed with David N. and he said that this was quite common for
> each release of dmd, and that while he used to religously
> evaluate each new dmd release on the Thrift bindings, he had
> simply not had the time for more recent recents to test each
> thoroughly.
>
> Serialization: this is fundamental. This really isn't the kind of
> thing that should ever be allowed to break. Hence it really isn't
> something that should be tested manually. It should be an
> automatic part of the automatic regression detection test suite.
>
> Where is the regression suite for D located, and how can I add to
> it?

We do not include 3rd party libraries or projects in any kind of regression
suite, so if that's what you're looking for, you're out of luck. David or
someone else working on the Thrift stuff would have had to set something up for
the D Thrift stuff specifically. We do have an autotester which tests that the
current compiler and standard library implementation pass their tests, as well
as a tester which tests that pull requests pass the tests as well, and that
can be found here:

http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/

If you report bugs in bugzilla, then when they are fixed, unit tests for those
bugs will be added for them so that they won't fail again. Our bugzilla can be
found here:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues.

> There used to be github issue tracking, but I don't see it any
> more... is it hiding under their new interface perhaps...?

We've never used github issue tracking for either the compiler or D's standard
libraries. Maybe they were enabled before, but if so, they were ignored. I
don't know what the D Thrift stuff does though.

- Jonathan M Davis