Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 13:13:02 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 20:00:31 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> The concept is to build a client-server GUI runtime that is as
> simple as possible on the client side.

Are you familiar with X11? It is the 80's version of that
concept. There's some downsides though to this model; it is
pretty sensitive to network latency, especially.

I've been wanting to do a network transparent gui myself, and is
one thing I might do with my crappy implementation once it is a
little more complete. I'd make the display a little thicker
though, with basic widgets being there so it can just communicate
in higher level events. I also want the ability to detach and
reattach elsewhere, ala gnu screen.