Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Aug 13 15:27:15 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 22:07:48 UTC, barryharris wrote:
> Have you seen this?
>
> http://wayland.freedesktop.org/
I've heard of it, but I didn't look at it much before.  It's
always described as a leaner version of X11, just as I'm
suggesting a much leaner runtime than the web, but I never saw
specifics on how Wayland translated that at the protocol level.
I now see that remote access, like VNC or X11 provide, is
unimplemented for Wayland: it's only for local use at the moment.
  I don't see how that's relevant to the networked GUIs we're
talking about.