std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Aug 13 19:32:05 PDT 2013

On Monday, August 12, 2013 21:55:00 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> * I forgot to add that the unit tests are, a bit controversial, located
> in std.serialization.tests

In general, the tests should be right after the functions that they're testing
and not in a separate file. I don't know that it's never appropriate to put the
tests in a separate file, but none of Phobos does this right now, and I think
that a very good reason is needed for doing it. I also don't know that it
works very well with how the Posix makefiles compile and run each module's unit
tests separately.

- Jonathan M Davis