database applications

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:37:29 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 at 22:42:31 UTC, John Joyus wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 07:24 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> The answer is NO to all your questions.
>
> I appreciate the straight answer! :)
>
> However, my curiosity for D language has grown recently after I
> read this article,
> http://www.drdobbs.com/parallel/the-case-for-d/217801225
>
> So, I will sill learn this language, albeit a little slowly!
> I'll start with Ali's book and finish with Andrei's.
>
> Thanks to all,
> JJ

I like your spirit.

The main things that led me to like D were:

- GC, but you can go without (a little painful, but not bad)
- simpler templates than C++, but still powerful
- CTFE (not "done" yet, but usable today)

And I stayed because:

- community driven
   - community intelligent and helpful, albeit a little small
- still in development
   - I can still pitch cool ideas and have a chance at them landing
   - seriously, why don't other languages allow this?!?