std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Aug 14 00:46:30 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 07:43:22 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-08-14 09:19, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> Jacob, can you add a high-level overview which answers this
>> questions?
>> (in any place you find convenient, until proper place for
>> package-wide
>> documentation is decided).
>
> Actually, I'm not so sure about that. He wants me to do a
> comparison to Thrift.

I did not mean to answer these questions specifically - just
provide a high-level overview of what std.serialization is.
Architecture, use case domain etc. - to avoid similar confusion
from people exploring standard library documentation. If such
misunderstanding has happened once, it is likely to happen again.