std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Aug 14 01:48:22 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-14 10:19, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
> Serious:
>
> - doesn't use ranges
>    - does this store the entire serialized output in memory?

That's up to the archive how it chooses to implement it. But the current
XmlArchive does so, yes. I becomes quite limited because of std.xml.

>    - I would to serialize to a range (file?) and deserialize from a
> range (file?)

The serialized data is returned as an array, so that is compatible with
the range interface, it just won't be lazy.

The input data used for deserializing excepts a void[], I don't think
that's compatible with the range interface.

> Minor
>
> - Indentation messed up in Serializable example

Right, I'll fix that.

> - Typo: NonSerialized example should read NonSerialized!(b)

No, it's not a typo. If you read the documentation you'll see that:

"If no fields or "this" is specified, it indicates that the whole
class/struct should not be (de)serialized."

--
/Jacob Carlborg