std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Wed Aug 14 07:15:56 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 09:28:20 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-08-14 11:25, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
>
>> I like this a lot more. Phobos just needs to be compatible
>> with the
>> current release, so backwards compat is a non-issue here.
>
> I guess this is why we have this thread. I would like to hear
> comments from a couple of others as well about this before
> deciding.

I think we should avoid mixins as much as it possible.
UDA @nonSerialized looks much better, so I think we should use it.
Of course, we can leave template NonSerialized(Fields...) for
backwards compatible with Orange and, maybe, deprecate it.