std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Wed Aug 14 07:50:43 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 14:34:58 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-08-14 16:15, ilya-stromberg wrote:
>
>> I think we should avoid mixins as much as it possible.
>> UDA @nonSerialized looks much better, so I think we should use
>> it.
>> Of course, we can leave template NonSerialized(Fields...) for
>> backwards
>> compatible with Orange and, maybe, deprecate it.
>
> Of course UDA's should be the primary use for this. The
> question is should NonSerialized be included at all? Should it
> be included and deprecated or should it just be included?

I did not use Orange at all.
But the most terrible for library is losing backwards
compatiblity. So, if Orange uses NonSerialized, we have to
include it. We can just add documentation notice that
NonSerialized will be deprecated after, for example, 6 months.