std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Aug 14 07:54:59 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at 14:50:45 UTC, ilya-stromberg
wrote:
> I did not use Orange at all.
> But the most terrible for library is losing backwards
> compatiblity. So, if Orange uses NonSerialized, we have to
> include it. We can just add documentation notice that
> NonSerialized will be deprecated after, for example, 6 months.

std.serialization is not Orange and should not be considered as
one. Once it is included into Phobos it is a brand new library
and must be treated as such, no matter what origin it has. Users
of Orange expect compatibility from Orange, not Phobos.