std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Aug 14 12:40:13 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 09:23:50PM +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-08-14 21:11, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
> >I'm thinking some people may need to stream to/from large files and
> >would find the requirement of in-core representation limiting.
>
> Yes, I understand that. But currently I'm limited by std.xml.
[...]

Would it be possible to present a range *interface*, that currently just
converts to array (or aliases to array if it's already an array), so
that in the future, when std.xml is revamped to use ranges, existing
code will automatically reap the benefits?

Today's society is one of specialization: as you grow, you learn more and more about less and less. Eventually, you know everything about nothing.