Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:42:51 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 15 August 2013 at 18:35:22 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I've only done X11 forwarding over ssh, both WAN and LAN, it
> was incredibly laggy in both cases.

You're probably using bloated apps! I'm using my crappygui.d on
remote X and it works quite well. Of course it is mostly
rectangles of solid colors :)

I also just tried creating an OpenGL window remotely, and it
performed reasonably well too, drawing some colorful triangles. I
think I'll add some minimal support for creating opengl contexts
to simpledisplay.d, that's useful stuff.

> I don't think "blending in with the rest of the desktop" is a
> worthwhile goal.

Eh, it is something I can live without, but would like to have.
Applications just feel more complete when they blend in.