Tuple/TypeTuple etc.

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Aug 16 09:19:49 PDT 2013

On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 16:08:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> John Colvin:
>
>> Possible solutions:
>
> My vote is for solution n.5:
>
> Add the built-in t{} syntax to denote all kind of tuples.

This. With an exception of "I don't care what syntax is".

There has been a thread in D.learn by Ali recently
http://forum.dlang.org/post/kuk8uc$30th$1@digitalmars.com - it
pretty much highlights there we have plenty issues with the very
behavior of TypeTuple, not only naming.

I know we are very reluctant to do language changes but this
continues to do more and more damage to the language - it
requires extra costs to maintain Phobos properly, confuses
newcomers and complicates language specification itself as new
corner cases get attention.

What was the general attitude to http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP32 ?