Can we get a forum section devoted to documentation?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Aug 16 10:56:43 PDT 2013

On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 17:41:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The converse risk is balkanization. We already have subgroups
> that are effectively dead, for which similar arguments were
> made in the past.

Problem with current subgroups is that they are created on topic
basis, not to solve some specific problems. Such groups become
useless once person who is the driving force behind the relevant
project stops using it. I'd probably favor deleting such obsolete
groups (dtl, dwt, debugger?) but it is a different topic.

Documentation group has clear target audience (newcomers with
questions/proposals about the spec + ones willing to contribute
to dlang.org) and very specific problem to solve (most
non-trivial documentation changes are impossible without prior
discussion).

In that sense I think bugzilla is a more appropriate place for
such discussions but it is not as visible and newbie-friendly as
forum group.