Can we get a forum section devoted to documentation? [dox]

Andre Artus andre.artus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 12:27:51 PDT 2013

On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 19:12:46 UTC, Mr. Anonymous wrote:
> On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 18:12:57 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
>> Is there a way to break the pages into a more of a hierarchy,
>> so that documentation for each module doesn't have to be on
>> one page? Perhaps a DDOC Section could indicate the category?
>
> Are you familiar with DDOX?
> http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/index.html

I have not yet had the time to look into it, but I fear that it
would be of little use if it's not the official way of doing
docs. Although it may be the preferred option for private
projects or projects not directly connected to the main D
ecosystem. There is already quite a lot of fragmentation making
it quite an effort to find out what the "one true path"[1] is.

1. I realize that there isn't truly such a thing, but an
opinionated starting point is of great help to noobs. The major
feature to popularize Ruby on Rails when it first kicked off was,
in my opinion, the "on rails" part. You had a very clear
indication of where to start, and what the best/accepted/expected
practices are. Once you have accustomed yourself to the language
and framework you can find ways to go crashing through the bushes
if you feel the need to do so.