Tuple/TypeTuple etc.

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:38:33 PDT 2013

I was just thinking about the whole Tuple situation today. I
think I might write up a quick, somewhat-related post.

As for TypeTuple, I agree that it is not a good name at all for
what it does. It confused me endlessly when I first started
learning D. There are still corner cases where it's not at all
obvious what's going on. See Ali's thread in D.Learn about
assigning a TypeTuple to an enum. Things got weird.

I think in Andrei's Modern C++ book there was a similar concept
called Type Lists. That's still not a great name, as TypeTuple
can contain more than just types. Maybe ExpressionList/ExprList?