Can we get a forum section devoted to documentation?

Andre Artus andre.artus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:39:36 PDT 2013

On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 20:12:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, August 16, 2013 21:57:01 Andre Artus wrote:
>> It is disheartening to think that the people with potential for
>> the most valuable contributions or insight will be avoiding
>> discussions regarding the documentation. But I fear you are
>> correct.
>
> There's a difference between avoiding discussions and searching
> after them. If
> a discussion occurs in a list that they're already subscribed
> to, they're a
> lot more likely to read it and contribute to it than they are
> to go and
> subscribe to yet another list.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I am using the web interface to the forums, so I must admit I did
not think how other users may need to jump through additional
hoops. I was thinking about it in the fashion of how web-based
forums normally operate, were a separate section could advance
discoverability, but I can see how this can be counterproductive
given a significant number of email only users.