Experiments with emscripten and D

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Sat Aug 17 08:30:28 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 17 August 2013 at 14:42:19 UTC, Gambler wrote:
> Every time I do, I get the urge to abandon programming and
> change my
> occupation.

My thoughts too, The Internet is ripe for another revolution, but
the old ways need to be abandoned rather than continually propped
up with duct tape and thread. You can barely create simple
applications using current html+js tools, and Flash and so forth
consume vast amounts of memory and cpu power which can  stress
out even a full blown desktop computer if you are a heavy browser
user like I am, yet most "personal computers" are now low powered
mobile devices which makes the situation really bad.

IMO the current direction leads to a dead end.

The big boys like Google, Mozilla and MS seem more interested in
fighting each other over world domination rather than come up
with viable alternatives that can lead the way out of this mess.

--rt