Experiments with emscripten and D

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 12:07:20 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 17 August 2013 at 18:51:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 08:41:39PM +0200, John Colvin wrote:

>> >[...]
>> >
>> >It's just like Nick Sabalausky always likes to rant about. In
>> >1975,
>> >we had slow 8-bit computers with 8kHz CPUs and 64kB of RAM,
>> >and our
>> >applications ran rather slowly.  Then processor speed
>> >increased
>> >exponentially, RAM increased exponentially, and today we have
>> >64-bit
>> >computers with 4GHz CPUs (and multicore!) and who knows how
>> >many GBs
>> >of RAM, and our (web) applications run at about the same
>> >speed as in
>> >1975.  Clearly, *something* is very, very wrong with this
>> >picture.

>> How do we fix it? We have a great language here, let's
>> revolutionise
>> the web :p
>
> Yeah! vibe.d FTW! :) And the client-side version thereof. :)

Yeah the server-side is relatively easy to pull off, seeing as
you're completely in control there.

The client side is an eensy little bit harder haha. It would
probably require heavily modifying/creating a new web-browser and
then convincing people to use it.

I wonder how powerful browser extensions can be these days...