Experiments with emscripten and D

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 04:21:51 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 04:52:16 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> I feel pretty confident I can do a wat speech for D.

I can't think of many wats. There are questionable design
decisions, annoying things that look like they should compile but
don't (local variable alias to non-global template errors
anyone?) and performance pitfalls, but nothing so gloriously
broken as what javascript achieves.

Coming from a C(++) perspective has prevented a lot of complete
gibbering insanity from occurring. In particular, having a basic
respect for data-layout at the machine level and an ethos of not
doing very costly implicit type type-conversions has staved off a
whole horde of crazy.