windows .lib files (dmc has them, dmd doesn't)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 07:51:50 PDT 2013

Can we get some more .lib files with the dmd distribution?

Specifically, I'd really like to have opengl32.lib and glu32.lib
included. My copy of dmc has them, but my dmd doesn't. Together
they are only 43 K; I say that's well worth adding to the dmd zip.

On a tangential note, if we do ever decide to break up the zip
into windows, linux, etc., I've said before that I'm meh on this
but could live with it as long as the folder layouts remained the
same.

But I actually see a potential benefit to it now: a separate
dmd-windows.zip could use the space saved by ditching linux
binaries to bring in more Windows stuff, like these .lib files,
more win32 headers, the resource compiler, import library, etc.,
to save people from having to grab the basic utilities package or
dmc separately to do these quite common Windows programming tasks.