Language and library reference pages very slow to load

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Aug 18 22:28:00 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 06:42:04AM +0200, finalpatch wrote:
> Apparently the javascript that's responsible for creating hyperlinks
> runs very slowly, usually several seconds or longer.  eg.
> http://dlang.org/phobos/core_memory.html is so slow it causes
> Mozilla Firefox to pop up the page not responding box.  I have also
> tried Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 and Safari on Mac OS X
> 10.8.4 and got similar results.
>
> I wonder if it's possible to move this to the server side given the
> documents are mostly static contents.

My guess is that this is caused either by hyphenate.js or
hyphenate-selectively.js, both of which, thankfully, will be going away
once dlang.org is updated (their removal has already been merged into
git HEAD).

In the meantime, one option is to disable JS on dlang.org (that's what I
do, and it makes the site much more usable).

"Uhh, I'm still not here." -- KD, while "away" on ICQ.