std.serialization: pre-voting review / discussion

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 19 05:57:55 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-18 20:26, Dicebot wrote:

> OK, time to make a short summary.
>
> There have been mentioned several issues / improvement possibilities. I
> don't think they prevent voting and it is up to Jacob to decide what he
> want to incorporate from it.

I've been quite busy lately but I've tried to address the minor issues
with regards of documentation. I've hit a new problem in the process:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kujcns$1quo$1@digitalmars.com

> However, there are two things that do matter in my opinion - pre-UDA
> part of API and uncertainty about range-based lazy approach. Important
> thing here is that while library can be included with plenty of features
> lacking we can't really afford to break its API only few releases later
> just to add/remove these features.

What do you mean with "pre-UDA part of API"?

I think it will be fairly easy to add support for ranges, at least for
the output. I'll see what I can do.

--
/Jacob Carlborg