Unable to build deimos/libX11 with ldc2

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Aug 19 11:33:32 PDT 2013

On Monday, 19 August 2013 at 18:05:41 UTC, Paul Z. Barsan wrote:
> deimos/X11/Xlibint.d(895): Error: Function type does not match
> previously declared function with the same mangled name: Data

Without having looked at the libX11 sources at all, the error
message implies that there are multiple "extern(C)" function
declarations named Data that have different types. This is likely
an issue with the libX11 bindings and should be fixed there.

DMD doesn't care about that, but in LDC we would have to
specifically work around a related LLVM "restriction" to be able
to accept that code.

Oh, and in the future, you might want to post similar questions
to digitalmars.D.learn.

David