A Discussion of Tuple Syntax

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:45:28 PDT 2013

On Monday, 19 August 2013 at 18:19:11 UTC, bearophile wrote:

> The ? of regexes is inside strings, so I think it causes no
> problems. And I think it doesn't clash with the ternary
> operator because before the ? wildcard you put a comma, a
> semicolon or a #(.

I was primarily addressing the fact that there aren't many
_meanings_ attached to the same character.  This was brought up
before when someone talked about using an asterisk, but it was
pointed out that it would be a bad choice because it's already
commonly seen in multiplication, pointers, and exponentiation
(**).

If anything, I'm inclined to think the regex heritage of the
question mark improves its case.

-Wyatt