Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 19 15:00:16 PDT 2013

On 8/19/2013 2:17 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Time will tell, but I believe ranges may be one of the most significant
> innovations of D. It makes writing generic algorithms possible, and even
> pleasant, and inches us closer to the ideal of perfect code reuse than
> ever before.

While not unique to D, I believe that ranges will become a killer feature -
killer enough that languages that don't support pipeline programming will start
looking like propeller driven airliners.

We still have a ways to go yet - Phobos support for ranges is not ubiquitous -
but ranges are the future.