GPGPU and D

Atash nope at nope.nope
Tue Aug 20 01:24:58 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 19:02:50 UTC, luminousone wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 08:40:33 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>> Luminousone, Atash, John,
>>
>> Thanks for the email exchanges on this, there is a lot of good
>> stuff in
>> there that needs to be extracted from the mail threads and
>> turned into a
>> "manifesto" type document that can be used to drive getting a
>> design and
>> realization together. The question is what infrastructure
>> would work for
>> us to collaborate. Perhaps create a GitHub group and a
>> repository to act
>> as a shared filestore?
>>
>> I can certainly do that bit of admin and then try and start a
>> document
>> summarizing the email threads so far, if that is a good way
>> forward on
>> this.
>
> Github seems fine to me, my coding skills are likely more
> limited then Atash or John; I am currently working as a student
> programmer at Utah's Weber State University while also
> attending as a part time student, I am currently working on
> finishing the last couple credit hours of the assoc degree in
> CS, I would like to work towards a higher level degree or even
> eventually a Phd in CS.
>
> I will help in whatever way I can however.

You give me too much credit. :-P

I'm yet another student, technically in biomedical engineering
but with a very computer-science-y mind. My experience with
OpenCL has been limited to a few stints into some matrix
operations and implementing that sort I linked earlier for the
sake of a max-reduction operation found in a GPGPU implementation
of support-vector machine classifiers. Frankly, I *hate* *hate*
*hate* boilerplate, so I paradoxically spend all my time trying
to get it out of the way so I never need to write it again.
Decent for code-prettiness, horrid for deadlines. That said...

I'm hesitant to start anything new until I've cleared my plate of
at least one of my current projects, so while I am very
interested in jumping on this, I'm going to have to pass on doing
anything serious with it for the next several weeks. -.-'