Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:19:32 PDT 2013

On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 22:22:06 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Awesome... looking forward to have a look at it.

I pushed the changes to my github today. Still a few little
changes I want to make, but nothing major. (for example, the
input enum is based on my US keyboard, so it doesn't have entries
for other keys. But that's generally additive so should be be
major breakage.)

https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff

simpledisplay.d and color.d are the two you'll need.

To make an OpenGL window:

         import simpledisplay;
         auto win = new SimpleWindow(Size(400, 400), "GL Test",
OpenGlOptions.yes);

      // this uses a delegate so it can be automatically called
when the window is uncovered
         win.redrawOpenGlScene = {
                glBegin(GL_QUADS);
                // blah blah blah
                glEnd();
         }

         win.redrawOpenGlSceneNow();
         win.eventLoop(0);

I'm not completely happy with this and might change some things,
but the meat is there now. simpledisplay.d includes some opengl
function definitions, but not all of them.

On Windows, you need to explicitly add -version=with_opengl and
get your own opengl32.lib and glu32.lib since they don't come
with dmd yet. (I wish Walter would reply to that thread!)