Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Aug 20 07:21:33 PDT 2013

On 20/08/13 00:00, Walter Bright wrote:
> While not unique to D, I believe that ranges will become a killer feature -
> killer enough that languages that don't support pipeline programming will start
> looking like propeller driven airliners.

On that note -- I was chatting with a (very functional- and Lisp-oriented)
friend about D and, when ranges were mentioned, he immediately connected it with
Clojure's concept of "sequences": http://clojure.org/sequences

Does anyone know the history/relationship here between these and D's ranges?
Was it a direct influence from D, or convergent evolution -- and can anyone
comment on the relative merits of the D vs. Clojure approaches?