A Discussion of Tuple Syntax

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Aug 20 09:10:09 PDT 2013

Dicebot:

> bearophile I really respect informational contribution you have
> been doing in D community but in my opinion mentioning random
> snippets from other languages is the least useful thing
> possible in this thread. It is even less useful than discussing
> syntax.

Look better at them, those aren't random snippets, they show one
more case of de-structuring, creating a tuple of variables out of
an array. It's a commonly used operation in two very well
designed languages that have tuples. Here we are discussing
tuples and their packing and unpacking, so the two examples I've
shown are very relevant, even if we decide to not support that
specific feature.

Bye,
bearophile