Possible solution to template bloat problem?

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Tue Aug 20 10:18:50 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 17:05:21 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 16:59:00 UTC, Ramon wrote:
>> I'm afraid the issue is bigger.
>
> Your insight about variety of modern programming language
> applications is extremely limited. If you are willing to
> introduce random runtime costs for nothing, there are lot of
> other awesome languages that can satisfy your needs.
>
> As someone who does not want to write embedded'ish code in C
> anymore (and hopes to drag D there eventually) I am dangerously
> close to hating you.

And that shows. Well, if that fits your definition of
"professional", so be it.

To avoid misunderstandings: I still like D and think that it's a
great language/solution. I still see very attractive points. I
still think that even templates can be attractive and are way
better done in D than in C++.

I just don't agree that writing "generics" in the brochure and
actually delivering templates is a good thing. And I happen to
think that real generics are a very good thing.

Nevertheless, feel free to hate me and to get closer to ad
hominems. I even promise to *not* consider your attitude to in
any way reflect D's (or their creators) ;-)