Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Tue Aug 20 10:29:10 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 16:49:35 UTC, QAston wrote:
> Interfaces offer runtime resolution:
>
> interface Comparable
> {
>
> }
> void doStuff(Comparable c)
> {
> }
> will work with anything that meets the specs for comparable.
>
> For compile time resolution you can do this

Thanks QAston for your constructive and helpful suggestion.
Actually this is more or less the approach that I'm following
(researching for the time being).

Actually I assume that Prof. Meyer was at that point at some
time, too. He just happened, so it seems, to have figured out a
way to do polymorphism right and painfree. Pragmatically this
(your suggestion) pretty closely matches how one approaches it in
Eiffel (but don't tell Prof. Meyer! He'll probably vehemently
elaborate on theory *g).

Whatever, that's basically what I wanted. Although I have to
lament somewhat that D's doc (as far as I know) doesn't point
that out clearly.

Thanks.