Ideas for a brand new widget toolkit

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 10:56:24 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 17:43:46 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> So no port for Mac OS X in sight?

I don't have a Mac, so unless someone else wants to do it
(probably best to wait until the Windows version is more complete
though, so you don't have to keep up with my changing my mind
every other day), then no.

A couple years ago, someone from the ng contributed a Cocoa port
of simpledisplay.d to me, and it is now in that file, but I can't
actually test it myself so it is unlikely to even compile now
with the other changes to the file.

Here's something you might be able to help with though: what
keywords would get me search results for an acceptable but cheap
Mac for this kind of thing? I don't even know what version D
works best with, and don't have a lot of money to spend on
another computer right now. But if I can get a used one for like
a hundred bucks on ebay or something, I'll do it and then
maintain the port myself.