Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Aug 20 11:48:55 PDT 2013

On 8/20/2013 8:31 AM, Chris wrote:
> I don't know if it's still on the website here somewhere. But I remember reading
> (2 years or so ago) that D shouldn't require a big IDE but should be manageable
> using a text editor and a compiler. And it is true. So far, I haven't used an
> IDE for my D programming.

The idea was when a colleague of mine said that Java IDEs were great because
with "one button click" one could insert "a hundred lines of boilerplate". That
struck me as the IDE making up for a severe expressive deficit in the language,
and that D shouldn't have such expressive deficits.

However, something like intellisense would be quite nice.