Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Aug 20 11:53:02 PDT 2013

On 08/20/2013 08:17 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

> Since Clojure is more recent than D, and AFAICT its sequences API seems
> to have arrived in later versions of the language, I wondered if the
> influence had been in the opposite direction.

Unlikely. Stream processing has a long tradition in the lisp community.
D sacrifices some of its elegance, presumably for more predictable
performance.
(Though some of it could be compensated for by having a usable function
in std.range that forgets the concrete range type and makes all ranges
of the same element type interchangeable. inputRangeObject exists but it
is not usable, and also not efficient.)