OT; Will MS kill .NET ?

Paulo Pinto pjmp at progtools.org
Tue Aug 20 12:18:46 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 16:07:00 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.type.makegenerictype.aspx
> How would you implement this in native code?

Like we use to do in the old days when we were forced to rewrite
Assembly on the fly.

Allocate a memory buffer with the required sizes and perform the
required set of initializations.

This is no different than constructing C++ classes during
runtime, initializing the required helper structures like vtbl
and calling constructors.

Nothing that cannot be done with either a set of helper functions
on the language runtime, or generating inline code.

Yes, I am aware that this requires the ability to execute code
from the data segment.

--
Paulo