Why I chose D over Ada and Eiffel

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Aug 20 14:43:09 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:19:45PM +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 8/20/13, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> >> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ga46ok$2s77$1@digitalmars.com
> > [...]
> >
> > Wow. That must've been an awesome discussion. I can literally feel it
> > oozing with excitement. :) We should put this link up on the wiki
> > somewhere, maybe under "landmark historical documents" or something.
>
> There's also this:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/gacvj5$28ec$1@digitalmars.com

Also, I've found evidence that transient ranges *were* discussed before:

	http://forum.dlang.org/post/MPG.2334cabf1233057c9896e4@news.digitalmars.com

:-)

And now I know who to blame^W I mean, praise, for the names of .front
and .back:

	http://forum.dlang.org/post/gaf59c$on7$1@digitalmars.com

In any case, I'm impressed by the sheer volume of bikeshedding going on
in that thread! It almost puts to shame our rainbow-free discussions
these days. :-P

Never trust an operating system you don't have source for! -- Martin Schulze