A Discussion of Tuple Syntax

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Aug 20 17:38:30 PDT 2013

On 8/20/13 5:28 PM, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
> OT: is the only thing stopping us from using the nice (x,y) syntax for
> tuples the comma operator? If so, can we take that mis-feature behind
> the woodshed and shoot it? I sincerely hope nobody is relying on it...

I think this whole thread is approaching things wrongly. It should be:

1. What do we need?

2. What does a solution look like in the current language?

3. Which parts of the solution are frequent/cumbersome enough to warrant
a language change?

Instead there have been 1001 proposals for new syntax for tuple
literals, one cuter than the next.

Andrei