Possible solution to template bloat problem?

BS bumnutbarry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 21:27:09 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 04:12:33 UTC, BS wrote:
> An important aspect in developing anything is a forum where
> people can destroy ideas and opinions clearly and succinctly
> without fear of the destroyed taking it personally.
>
> Technical arguments, and counter-arguments, are best when they
> stick to the point without fear of the other being overly
> precious.
>
> Andrei was *not* rude, he simply showed cases where he
> disagreed with your post and gave reasonable arguments as to
> why. In no way did he make any personal remark about you or
> your intelligence. If you choose to take it personally because
> he disagreed with you then it is not his fault, nor his problem.
>
> You either counter-destroy, with a more solid set of arguments
> and examples, or you accept their case and move onto the next
> difficult problem.
>
> However, if the remarks were personal and of the order "You are
> clearly stupid mate. Everyone knows ABCD 1234!" then it would
> be rude and I could understand your discontent.
>
> There is a clear difference.

I should add D.learn is often less abrupt than this forum,
especially if you're just finding your feet in D.

Here it is often assumed that posters are OK if their arguments
are shot down in flames. It is used as a technical discussion
forum for new ideas driving the language forward. That sort of
work has to be nutted out without tiptoeing around each other.
BUT, I reiterate, it doesn't mean posters are attachking others
personally. I have rarely seen that behaviour on the D forums.