DQuick a GUI Library (prototype)

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Aug 21 02:37:25 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 08:04:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-08-20 23:22, Flamaros wrote:
>> I want to share a short presentation of the project I am
>> working on with
>> friends. It's a prototype of a GUI library written in D.
>>
>> This pdf contains our vision of what the project would be.
>> Samples are
>> directly extracted from our prototype and works. We are not
>> able to
>> share more than this presentation for the moment because a lot
>> of things
>> are missing and it's plenty of bugs.
>>
>> The development is really slow, so don't expect to see a real
>> demonstration a day.
>>
>> The link :
>> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BygGiQfhIcvGOGlrWlBFNWNBQ3M/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I don't think Lua will work in this community. I've tried with
> Ruby and people didn't like it. Although it might be different
> with Lua. My experience is you have two choices: a markup
> language, i.e. JSON, YAML and so on or using D.

Great stuff! I am definitely in favor of a pure D GUI. And again,
D has the benefit of hindsight.

Lua might work, because it's cross platform in the sense that you
can deliver a stand alone interpreter, and it's fast. However, I
wonder why this should be necessary. A pure D solution might be
better.