DQuick a GUI Library (prototype)

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 02:50:37 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 09:23:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-08-21 11:10, Flamaros wrote:
>
>> For the moment we can't use D as script language for our
>> project, just
>> because there is no API to parse and execute a d file as
>> script.
>
> You can do something like this:
>
> import dquick.dsl;
> import std.stdio;
>
> void executeSciprt ()
> {
>     mixin(import("foo.d"));
> }
>
> void main ()
> {
>     initialize();
>     executeSciprt();
>     writeln(DQuickDsl.serialize());
> }
>
> When you want to "execute" the D script you use the above as a
> template and only need to replace the file name, in this case
> "foo.d", and create a file. Compile that file run the resulting
> executable, this is easily done using rdmd. Retrieve the
> serialized data, deserialized it and do want you need with the
> data structures.

Maybe something can be done with a load of a compiled dll
resulting of the compilation of script files. But it doesn't
seems to be a really good way.

I am not sure to understand correctly your suggestion, I don't
see how the application will be able to create GUI items from
"foo.d". Need "foo.d" embed a code to serialize the GUI items
structure to a file that the application will load?