DQuick a GUI Library (prototype)

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 04:18:19 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 10:30:59 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 8/21/13, dennis luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net> wrote:
>> why use scripting at all - D is blasting fast compiled - so
>> whats the
>> benefit of using "another" language - i understand the need
>> for C++
>> based systems but in D...
>
> I still don't understand what DQuick has to do with D if you
> end up
> having to use a separate scripting language to use it. Wouldn't
> it
> then be more appropriate to post about DQuick in the Lua
> newsgroups?

DQuick is for D applications, scripts are just for interfaces.

Interfaces have to be separate from the application to be edited
by artists or other non developer persons.

Here is a link to our model (QtQuick samples) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4U7QWRajg

The main advantage of D is the traits that simplify the binding
of D objects to the script language. Qt use moc to do this and
it's really intrusive, because it extend the c++ syntax. Our
solution is directly based on primitive types of D. Instead of
QtQuick if DQuick isn't ported to a platform, it will easier to
use the native GUI library for this particular platform. With Qt
wrappers have to be create to convert types (QList =>
std::list,...)