A Discussion of Tuple Syntax

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Aug 21 06:41:42 PDT 2013

Zach the Mystic:

> I agree. The negative space *around* the bikeshed should be
> used...

Andrei missed the point of that part of the discussion. That was
not an explanation of the usefulness of wildcards, it was a small
explanations of why probably you can't use '_' as wildcard
symbol. The examples I have shown were not meant to show why
wildcards are very useful in a rounded tuple design.

> auto (void, void, x) = t1;
>
> (Just an idea I had. Don't know whether it's technically sound.
> It just seemed so funny to me that the idea popped into my head
> as soon as you said "rainbow". Not trying to waste time. )

That is perhaps technically acceptable, but it's longer.

Bye,
bearophile