std.logger

Robert Schadek realburner at gmx.de
Thu Aug 22 07:00:06 PDT 2013

I'm still missing a logging facility in D and as the last attempt seam
to have stopped I want to throw
in my version. After reading through the std.log thread I made my
conclusions and created my own
logger. People seamed to be unhappy with the naming and the way of
configuration.
Additionally when to throw or not to throw seamed to be an argument.

My attempt is to provide a very small functional interface to logging.
IMO it is impossible to fulfill
all requirements a D developer can have through configuration classes
and such, I designed the
a abstract Logger class that can be easily implemented to one's own needs.

As a quick start feature I created a Stdio- and File-Logger. If no
Logger is provided to the log
function a defaultLogger will be used.

Docu:
http://burner.github.io/phobos/phobos-prerelease/std_logger.html

Pull Request:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1500

I hope this will lead to some progress in phobos, when it comes to
message logging.