Thoughts on possible tuple semantics

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 07:22:48 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:03:13 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> It is exactly what we have right now. So you think having two
> different types of expression/value tuples is fine?

One is a tuple, the other is a sequence. They are different beast
and have different behavior.

The fact that it is similar to what we have now is on purpose, so
we don't need to break a lot of code. Plus, with the proposed
addition, it allow for nice library tuples.

>>> Also you don't seem to cover mixed sequences which are
>>> essential to D templates.
>>
>> Theses are alias sequences.
>
> As I have already said, it is no less confusing to classify as
> alias sequence something that is not limited to aliases.

It is what alias parameter for templates are. Simply keeping the
terminology here.