s/type tuple/template pack/g please

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 07:39:57 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 13:53:45 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Almost, but not completely. They share implementation and much
> of observable behavior (and former can be used to initialize
> latter) but one is mutable run-time entity and other -
> compile-time (and thus, of course, constant). As they don't
> have proper representation in the type system, it makes them
> quite different.

I don't think it's correct or useful to label one as compile-time
and the other as runtime. I think the mutability or immutability
of the expression tuple is an obvious result of its lvalue-ish or
rvalue-ish nature, respectively. As such - with the current
semantics - I'm not sure it's important to be able to easily
distinguish the two. I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise if
you think it's important.