Range interface for std.serialization

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Aug 22 08:01:03 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:55:50 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> Partial chunks of serialized objects can be useful for
> applications that aren't immediately deserializing: E.g.
> sending over a network, storing to disk etc.

But text I/O operates on character ranges anyway, it just uses
whatever data is available:
// some imaginary stuff
InputRange!Object.serialize.until(5).copy(stdout);

`copy` will write text buffer that matches one Object at time.
What is the point in serializing only half of given object if it
is already in memory and available?